Friday, January 27, 2012

First Post. Don't I feel special.

Hey everyone who may or may not be reading this. This is the first post of this new blog I'm starting, which will NOT be about poetry, like my other one. These posts will be kind of like a journal, I suppose, so if you want to listen to my stupid teenage angst, you are welcome to do so.
So yeah, I've decided to start a diary, for no particular reason. It's not going to be a "I <3..." diary, or about how dreamy the quarterback is. I'm just not that type of person. This is just going to be about how I view my life. That will probably be it. I'll be venting, I guess.
I will bring up a topic I find myself thinking about a lot. I really wish my life would stay the same. I truly do not wish to 'grow up', I don't want to change. I constantly find myself thinking about what life will be like when I die, or when everyone I ever knew or met, has died too. And what will things be like? Where will all the possessions and things I grew up with move on to? Where does my soul go? All of my memories, all the things I've seen, done, said, heard, will all dissipate. They will never be returned to me. How does life even work? How is it that we, as human beings, can create life? Why do we bring ourselves to think about things like this, just as I have? Nearly every day things like this run through my brain. Resonating through a body that is insignificant compared to the rest of mankind's existence. It surprises me when people say "Live your life to the fullest", because what does that even mean? What is "The fullest"? How do I get there, exactly? I don't know, and I can bet you anything that the people who say it have no clue as to what it means either.

No comments:

Post a Comment